View Profile KOLANI

All 24 Movie Reviews

7 w/ Responses

lol how tf have I never seen this before? this is great :3

FUCK YEAAAAA CHEESE WORLDDDDD

some of the character designs are cute. the vaguely reptilian guy is pretty bland. so far my fav thing about this is the background art, the voice acting, audio levels/mixing and animation are pretty meh. Keep on workin tho, and I'm sure you'll get way better with time!

thought it felt similar to cock fight! of course it was none other than steve ly!

Tom's VA does a good impression, but he can't really act. As for Edd, he works great! Though it feels like George is too embarrassed to actually scream and that comes off a little cringe. Sound design lacks impact, it all feels really surface level and "that'll do". Def get someone who specializes in that if you can, there are folks right here on newgrounds that do it great!
Also, the timing for certain jokes and when characters speak feels a lil muddy.

As for the animation, amazing! It captures the feel of the old cartoons great. I absolutely adored the part where the rabbit was just kinda pressin it's claws together, got me laughin!

The writing here was good, but there were some jokes that felt like they were subversive for no reason though, like "haha you thought we were gonna make a pun but NO. NO PUNS. GOTCHA". Idk it just doesn't feel natural and pulls me out of the toon, feels more like you guys poking fun rather than the characters actually talking. This kinda stems from a greater problem I feel here where it seems like you guys are trying to win the fans over with a ton of references. I honestly don't quite know how I feel about that, but it just kinda makes parts of this episode feel a little... pandering?
Another thing I wanna say that I quite enjoyed, that caters to the fans but doesn't feel out of place, is the side arc Eduardo is having. I love how natural it feels! The way he's feelin right now totally makes sense and his reaction to the bunny was great. Honestly made me feel somethin there.

Other than that? I don't have much else to say! I enjoyed the episode overall, but it definitely feels like you guys are warming up here. Can't wait to see what the whole crew will come to achieve with time and more practice with making the show!

there's a lot of dead air here. way too many long pauses and reliance on audio gags/memes. the voice acting is kinda amateurish and the art doesn't really convey how the characters feel. pretty lazy since it just feels like a bunch of pngs plastered together. idk if you could even call this animation, it's basically just a powerpoint slide show

SullyboyDraws responds:

Very legitimate criticism. It's kinds hard to describe but the idea of the series is to have the quality gradually increase from something that looks like it was directed by a 9-year old (The first episode) to eventually being fully animated and such. The 2nd episode is almost done, and is much much shorter than this one, but is much better quality, so I hope you'll stick around to give us a second chance!

Thank you so much for the constructive criticism btw, helps us improve our shit :)

This is amazing!! Lol it's weird af and well made and just a whole lotta fun to watch! Great work!

pico x darnell confirmed???

YOOOOOO THIS ANIMATION FEELS SO WEIGHTY, EVERY HIT FEELS HEAVY AND IMPACTFUL I LOVE IT!

AnimatedZorox responds:

YOOO THANKS BRUV! Tried my best on giving it energy :D

cute :3

- COMMISSIONS OPEN -
I make funni movies and draw goofy lil faces

Kolani Koralstar @KOLANI